Life & Little Things...Summer is in session

We are in full Summer swing and have been for a few weeks now. I can't even believe it's July already and half way through the month at that. I'm trying not to think about it because it makes me sad how fast and short summer break actually is. So much going on and so much to enjoy!



This kiddo is turning 14 in 2 weeks and graduated 8th grade with so many awards and recognitions I could burst I'm so proud...heading into 9th grade at the middle college soon where he'll be taking both high school and college courses simultaneously to graduate in 5 yrs with both HS diploma and his 2 yr college associates degree in Engineering.  



This little nugget just turned 9 and FINALLY got to drive his own go cart and had the best birthday ever lol! 



we've spent a few mornings hanging out and getting some work done from our favorite cafe...


Birthday Boy!




Off to the arcade after their go cart race




I've had castonitis and couldn't wait to use this gorgeous Hedgehog Fibers bright orange with green and pink speckled yarn and mohair to start on my Birds of a Feather Shawl...


Pretty fast constant progress being made on it as it's a joy to knit on...


I'm loving making different progress keeper charms and changing them out. They hang out on my RS rows so it's fun to pass them each time I make it back around :) 



This little dude & his girl friend hang around everyday and I keep them well fed and like to follow me around the yard hanging out with me. I just LOVE them! 



I didn't plan ahead in time this year for a veggie garden but our flowers,  herbs and one cabbage that Lucas brought home from School are doing amazing! 

another progress keeper featuring on of my lampwork glass beads




Work has been busy and amazing! My awesome team won a friendly little office productivity contest so this was us enjoy a fun and very yummy lunch celebrating! 


and I cast on and quickly made progress on a Ranunculus sweater, I'm just finishing up the sleeves. I've already tried it on and it's DEVINE! I used Mad Tosh halo glitter in her Stranger Things color way Barbara Deserved Better. I had been hoarding it in my stash for a little while waiting for the perfect garment to knit and I'm so happy I chose this sweater! 

How's your Summer going so far? What are you working on? 
If you want to follow along on my daily musings and snippets you can find me on Instagram @stargirljewelry









Comments

Popular Posts