Life & Little Things...Spring has Sprung

The weather has sloooooowly been warming up FINALLY! 
Things are turning green and sprouting up all around the garden and this little baby came for a visit and let me hang out right next to her like it was just no biggie lol


I've been on a major shawl kick. I can't seem to stop casting on all of the shawls/wraps...light fingering weight yarns that will still add warm in the winter but are also airy enough for chilly spring and summer evenings...


Eric's Uncle who is an amazing wood worker/turner created this GORGEOUS yarn bowl for me and I just can't get enough of it. It's the perfect companion to pop my working yarn into in the evenings and just sit and get a few rows in while we watch tv...


My Zorzal Shawl by Maliha Designs is complete and blocked and I've been enjoying it so much! 


I used Malabrigo and let me tell ya, it was so soft and squishy and nice to work with. It's definitely at the top of my list of go to yarns...



I cast on and finished the Spindrift Shawl by Helen Stewart...


it felt good to stash dive and get to use this Lichen & Lace beauty and the pattern has some wonderful  eyelets and easy lace work it just went beautifully with these colors and is the perfect shawl to grab and go





 





and now I'm working on the Hogwarts Express shawl using Fiber for the People hand dyed yarn in Attic Treasures. I've had this saved in my stash for a few months and when I saw this pattern by Susan Ashcroft I immediately knew I wanted to use this yarn. 


It's living in my Luna Pie Designs project bag and guys, I LOVE this bag so much!! The size, the fabric and the open "mouth" design of it...it's perfection!





This pattern can be found on Ravelry, I snagged this image from the patter page to show you WHY I chose this pattern...OWLS!!!! seriously!!!! I cannot wait to get to the cables and watch the owls appear! I still have some time until I get to the cables but I'm excited and still deciding on the beads to use for the eyes...

photo cred: Hogwarts Express Pattern page on Ravelry

I always try to keep a pair of socks on the needles and I'm almost finished with another pair of socks so this sock blank by Amy from Stranded Dye Works just arrived a couple of weeks ago and I cannot wait to see how they knit up. It's going to be like color magic surprise lol! 



The school year is winding down! So I've been busy with school programs and projects and such like the little nuggets Monster Musical...


and the almost teenager (OMG!) has his living museum and then also received the Student of the Month award at school...So proud of these two for having such an awesome school year!




favorite character day: Harry Potter of course! lol


Student of the Month Medal ceremony!



Are you feeling the Spring weather where you live? What outdoor activities do you enjoy the most? 

You can find daily updates of my day to day life, projects, jewelry and other fun things over on my Instagram @stargirljewelry
I'd love to see what you are up to!






Comments

Popular Posts