That's Amore

Just popping in to share a quick little Valentine's Day sign tutorial :

Here's a quick, inexpensive Valentine's Day decoration you can create using supplies you already have in your craft stash!


Step One: Find yourself a piece of cardboard (I used a shipping box cut to size) chipboard, particle board, even card stock will work! Then dig around your scrap booking papers for some Valentine-ish papers and glue it onto your cardboard and cut the access off.



Step 2: I cute a smaller piece of card stock in red and use a corner punch to give me fancy corners on it. Then I lined up the bottom of my ruler with the bottom of the card stock so that my letters will line up nicely. These are chipboard letters that I just punched out but you could use sticker letters or glitter sticks or even markers to write out your Valentine message if you like. I hot glued them on.


Step 3: I flipped over my card stock with my letters on it and threw down a few lines of sticky tape. You are now ready to start embellishing!


Step 4: Embellishing time! I hot glued on some flowers and layered a vintage button with a rhinestone center. I use vintage bright green seam tape and hot glued that all around the edges just to finish it off a bit and then I began stamping some hearty things on.



all sort of heart, scrolly rubber stamps to use. I LOVE my Heidi Swapp "Love" stamp! I even threw in some metallic ink in there just to glam it up some.

Step 5: Punch two holes in the top edge. Since my sign is 12" across I punched a hole 4" 's in from each side.

Step 6: Then run some ribbon through to your desired length and tie it in the back and it's ready for hanging!!

Step 7: Go off and make lot's and lot's of lovely signs using all your craft stash supplies and found objects and hang them all around your house!

I'm off to go make another for my kitchen! Enjoy!!

Comments

Popular Posts