Beads n things

These antique embroidered linens have already sold but the pink and green makes it a perfect fit for this weeks color challenge.
I have a nice little batch of these watermelon beads going but I haven't decided what I want to do with them this time around. Group them up for a bead special or make a yummy new bracelet? I love making these and in other colors with frit encased inside. I like to bang them up a bit while they're still hot before putting them in the kiln so they get a cool irregular shape to them. Makes them look and feel more organic. I did some color test beads yesterday so we'll see which ones I like best in some of the new colors I did and I'll go from there. Wouldn't these make the most delightful earrings?!
Here's a sneak peek at my latest zebra creation. The large resin zebra printed pendant steals the show but the white howlite and faceted glass beads play well with it. I don't think I could ever get sick of black & white. Very classic with a rockin' style.

It is going to be another super hot day here in Michigan. Not exactly fun weather to be sitting in front of a blazing flame with a big ramped up kiln sitting right next to me to boot so I'll probably wait until later to head out to work. I supposed I could go tackle the laundry in the mean time, right? ;)
xo-M

Comments

Anonymous said…
Love the new necklace and the beads are just gorgeous!! Great work!
Marianna said…
Thank Sharon!

Popular Posts