knitty bits & January Joolz to start off 2008

I'm starting off the new year feeling full of creativity, that's a good thing right? :) And of course it's time to move onto the next holiday. Valentine's day is just around the corner and so onto the hearts and chocolates and all things sweet. I have to admit I'm not a big fan of wearing hearts unless their funky, organic, hammered silver etc but oh how I LOVE making them for everyone else and these new Sweetheart earrings are truely super sweet! Made up of my lampwork glass beads with raised hearts all around and finished off with some ruby Swarovski crystals and silver bead caps. I think these are age appropriate for a little girl or an adult and a sweet treat for anyone to recieve for V day!

These beauties are my latest obession. Be prepared to see lot's of texture in the new year from me. I LOVE the warmth of antiqued metals whether it be brass, sterling or copper either way it makes a bold statement and looks fabulous. These earrings jingle and jangle with their 3 separate pieces of antiqued textured brass discs. The largest of the 3 measures approx. 1 3/4" across.
No jewelry related however, too darn cute not to post. Jasmine (or Jasmina as Noah likes to call her) just hanging out with the fishies and not in a "I'm going to eat you" sort of way but it seems to relax her to just sit or sleep up there watching them float on by and we get such a kick out of it lol!

Lot's more Memory Keeper soldering going on in the studio. Busy, busy! but aren't they adorable AND their comfy to wear too. Perfect for any occassion but they also make a great gift for Mother's Day, Valentines Day...hint hint *wink* *wink*
and last but certainly not least my latest knitty bit project. Not my socks just yet but those are coming soon...
Mix one part of my most favorite shade of green EVER and add 10 billion feet of icord...ok ok so not that much but it sure feels like it when you're knitting it all up , 3 stitches back and forth for hour and hours on itty bitty DPN's but the finished product once complete will be soooo worth it (hopefully!)
aren't the varigated colors in this yarn just divine?!


Comments

Popular Posts