Life & Little Things...Fiber Goodness

I've come across the discussion of Blogs and Blogging over the past few months. So many people have stopped blogging and switched over to just social media. Some have switched to VLOGging like video blog using a Youtube channel.  My kids keep trying to convince me to start "Youtubing" but I'm not even sure what all that entails or if I would feel comfortable sitting in front of a camera basically talking to myself lol! I know I definitely don't blog as often as I used to but I can't NOT blog. I LOVE my little bloggy inter web space. I've been here since 2004 and before that I used to just keep a long running page on my website going. For now I plan on continuing to blog here and to do it waaaaay more often than I have been. Instagram is also a favorite of mine and using their "stories" feature so if you'd like to follow me along and peep in on what I'm working on on more of a daily timeframe then IG is where you will find me :) @stargirljewelry
Drop me a comment below with your IG name so I can follow you back!


Our weather here in SE Michigan is still full swing Winter. Any chance I get to get a fire going in the fireplace in my studio that is where you'll find me wiring & stringing up new jewelry pieces, Knitting, Spinning fiber, reading and with my laptop open to the MLS so I can also still get my "Day Job" work  done too lol! Multi tasking at its finest!

one of my handmade blue bird lampwork glass bead progress keepers


I finished up this Radiate Sweater by Joji Locatelli back before the holidays and I have been wearing it with all the ends still needing to be weaved in lol! It's so soft and warm and squishy!



This ones another big squishy sweater that just needs one more sleeve...



I've been spinning on my wheel like a mad women every chance I get...


Snow days and frigid weather means setting up shop in with some delightful treats in my favorite coffee shop and I usually bring along some mindless knitting like a sock or a hat...



finished up some Merino/tussah and now started spinning some natural merino roving so I can then double ply this for a thicker possibly worsted or DK weight. I'm really curious what kind of yardage I get out of it also. 






another pair of wooly socks on the needles. I was using straights to swatch because its a heavier weight yarn and they are going to be a thicker house slipper sock. I've got one almost done already. I'll have to snap some pics as soon as I finish up. 
For those wondering: I knit all my socks toe up, in the round using circular needles magic loop method and German short rows to turn the heel. 2x2 ribbing for the cuff. 










Comments

Popular Posts