get ready for a big blow out, I'm pissed off again!

so let me start off with some fun stuff that brings a smile to my face first like my cousin Maria came over to hang out with me and noah the other night it was really fun, I hadn't seen in her a while and usually we get to hang out much more often. My vent system is still down for the count so Joe is running to Lowe's today and working on it tomorrow so I can hopefully be back up and on the go making beads all weekend so hoping for some cool bead specials early in the week and I'm ganna go ahead and clean up and string what I do have already and offer them up later today for ya! Now it's time to a part II to my Red Cross rant and let me start out by saying and mind you this is just my humble opinion ...THE AMERICAN RED CROSS SUCKS! This whole thing has been bugging me all week and it's this whole thing but anyhow here's what they respond to Marsha with :


Thank you for contacting the American Red Cross for information on non-cash donations to disaster victims. The American Red Cross does not accept or solicit small, individual donations or collections of items for emergency relief purposes. Small items such as collections of food, used clothing, and shoes often must be cleaned, sorted, and repackaged which impedes the valuable resources of money, time, and personnel that are needed for other aspects of our relief operation. The Red Cross, in partnership with other agencies, suggests that the best use for those types of donations is to support needy agencies within donors' local communities. The best way to help a disaster victim is through a financial donation to the American Red Cross. Financial contributions allow the Red Cross to purchase exactly what is needed for the disaster relief operation. Monetary donations also enable the Red Cross to purchase relief supplies close to the disaster site which avoids delays and transportation costs in getting basic necessities to disaster victims. Because the affected community has generally experienced significant economic loss, purchasing relief supplies in or close to the disaster site also helps to stimulate the weakened local economy.
Â
We do accept bulk donations


It's their JOB to collect sort clean etc their donations if they're not going to do it then quit with the bazillion commercials asking for out donations! and shut up about the " purchasing relief supplies in or close to the disaster site also helps to stimulate the weakened local economy" because that at this point is a big crock of poo! There isn't anywhere to buy anything down there idiots! It's all under water or blown to bits! At least take our petty little donations and then whatever you guys still need you can go ahead and buy it yourselves from whatever stores you feel like getting them from down there.
and now dare I say that , and again this is my opinion, I'm convinced that the Red Cross only accepts BULK DONATIONS $$$$$$$$ because they dip their greedy little fingers into the cookie jar, yes I'm flat out accussing the RC whatcha ganna do about it? and finally other organizations within the local community like shelters and such get donated to through local fund raisers and charities of our own separate from disasters to help people in need outside the community so don't tell me to go donate to them and make it sound like they need it worse than the victims down south. I know they need it too that unfortunately there are a never ending amount of people in need all over the planet but there are a ton of wonderful people in the world that are very charitable to more than one cause and they should turn down ANY donation as far as I'm concerned if a homeless person with only 1 penny to their name wants to help in any way they can and only has that 1 penny to donate it's still a penny the RC should graciously accept it no if ands or butts about it. nuff said...for now. I'm ganna go cool off and string up some orders and clear my head.

Comments

Popular Posts